Laboratory Exercise on Power Engineering I
- +49 241 80 97638
- Send Email
In this laboratory, the contents of the measuring and system engineering knowledge in the energy technology practice are taught. Here, simulations are created in individual project tasks and their results are compared with practical measurements in order to learn the relationship of the individual components.
The laboratory is offered jointly by the
- Institute of Electrical Machines (IEM),
- Institute of Power Systems and Power Economics (IAEW),
- Institute for High Voltage Technology (IFHT) and
- Institute for Power Electronics and Electrical Drives (ISEA)
and includes twelve experiments, which are divided equally between the four institutes.
Experiments at the Institute of Electrical Machines
- Operating behavior of the DC machine
- Induction machine with squirrel cage and slip ring rotor
- Synchronous machine as a generator
Experiments at the Institute of Power Systems and Power Economics
- Three-phase overhead line in normal operation and in the event of a fault
- Exciter system
- Protection against shock currents
Experiments at the Institute for High Voltage Technology
- AC voltage measurement and impact test
- DC voltage generation and measurement
- Disruptive voltage examination
Experiments at the Institute for Power Electronics and Electrical Drives
- Puls width modulation in drives and grid inverters
- Operation and control of switched reluctance machines
- Position control of a servo drive with microcomputers
All Information about the laboratory can be found at RTWHOnline.
The language of the course is German.